Make a Mortar Board for your favorite Graduate!Description
Origami is an ancient craft form that has evolved over the past 1,000 years. Learn new developments and the folding techniques required to make this Graduation Mortar Board gift for your favorite graduate!
This class is open to adults and high school kids with beginner and intermediate origami skills.
Participants will have plenty of time to practice with paper in advance of folding "the real thing."
- Participants will provide the following for *each* mortar board they wish to fold:
- Two bills in U.S. Currency, one which will be seen (the larger denomination) and one which will not be seen (can be a smaller denomination). Obviously, the larger bill is the one you want to call attention to for your grad!
- All the bills should be crisp, clean, and with as few creases as possible. Banks are a good source, but the sooner you visit one, the better. A lot of people like to give crisp bills for graduation!
- Black embroidery thread will be on hand to make the tassels but if you prefer to use the colors from your graduate's high school, then participants can bring about 30" of thread in the color(s) of your choice.
Class size is limited to 8 participants per sessionDates and Times:
- Saturday, April 21st from 2-3pm
- Saturday, May 5th from 2-3pm
- Sunday, May 6th from 2-3pm